February 3, 2021
Good Morning Waldron Place and The Arbors at Waldron Place Family,
In addition to what has already been reported here are today’s updates:
- All of our residents are stable in both buildings.
- Yesterday we had an additional resident test positive for Covid-19 and was placed in our Cohort unit.
- Whole house testing will be completed today in the Arbors building
- All residents will continue on in-room quarantine.
- We are practicing social distancing in our Arbors building as in-room quarantine is not realistic nor recommended for memory care residents.
- We do not allow outdoor or indoor visits in KS while on in room quarantine, but do allow closed window visits always.
- We are doing our best to keep our residents engaged and connected during this time. If we can assist you in connecting with your loved one, please let us know.
Our residents come first. And every team member at Waldron Place is committed to that philosophy. Your support and prayers keep us going. If you have further questions, please reach out to me.
Update: Thursday, November 5, 2020
Good afternoon Waldron Place and Arbors Families:
Here is an update on where we stand today
The results from our latest round of whole-house COVID-19 testing showed all residents were negative for the virus. Unfortunately, three additional employees tested positive. We also received inconclusive results on three more employees who we retested today. All employees with positive or inconclusive results remain off work and we are hopeful for their full recovery.
We placed all residents on in-room quarantine and implemented enhanced social distancing in our Arbors. Residents will be checked for symptoms every 4 hours during wake time. Our staff is wearing K-95 masks and gloves while in resident rooms. We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment and can access more if needed through company stockpiles.
We will complete our next round of whole-house testing tomorrow and expect results within 72 hours. You will be notified privately of your loved one’s results and we will report our overall results to all families.
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment does require us to suspend all visits at this time.
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please direct all of your future questions to me. Thank you for your support during these challenging times.