Our Family/Resident Visitation Plan
Community: Montgomery Place
Start Date: Tuesday, July 28, 2020
As shared in a letter on June 26h, we have been given permission by the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) scheduling visits between our residents and families/friends. Visits will start on Tuesday, July 28th.
Here is our plan:
- We have set up (2 indoor visit stations). These locations will have social distancing measures in place for residents and visitors to follow that maintain 6 foot distancing and will be staffed by an employee. The visitor station will be equipped with hand sanitizer which all parties will use prior to and after each visit.
- Our employees will have each visitor sign in and provide needed information on the visitation sign in sheet, and to complete a wellness screening. This screening tool will require a temperature check and questionnaire to be completed. Anyone not meeting the requirements of the screening will be required to reschedule the visit.
- Please bring your own mask(s). If one is not available a mask will be provided. Masks MUST be worn at all times during the visit.
We will require an appointment for each visit. Please contact Ashley by phone (620-331-2577) during business hours Monday through Friday to schedule your visit. No visits will be allowed that are not prescheduled with the community staff.
- To allow everyone the opportunity to schedule an initial visit with their loved one we are not allowing “standing visits” to be scheduled at this time. We also must schedule visits around meal times and when there is staff available for the visit station.
- Within the next two weeks we hope to have a more automated system in place for self-scheduling and we will email you that link when it is available.
- We will allow 2 visitors (over age of 18 years old) at a time per resident in a 30-minute increment. Each visitor must be able to demonstrate proper infection control practices. If infection control practices are not followed then the visit will need to end. Additionally, the resident will be placed on a 14 day in room quarantine for the safety of other residents.
- We will disinfect the visitation station between each resident’s scheduled visit.
Window visits of course are still encouraged with a closed window to prevent transmission and can be done without an appointment.