Update: November 26, 2020
Good afternoon Grand Plains Family:
Thank you for taking our calls last evening, regarding our current status at Grand Plains. For those of you we did not reach we attempted to leave a message. Here is a recap of what we discussed:
- We have received the results from our most recent round of testing and we have been notified of a staff member testing positive.
- The staff member is quarantining at home and doing well.
- We tested all residents and staff on 11/25/20, and expect those results within 48 hours after receipt at the lab. Please know that individuals will be notified of their results privately. If we receive positive results, from resident, staff or vendor testing, you will be notified.
- We will continue testing staff twice weekly based on the positivity rate of COVID-19 in Pratt County.
- In accordance with our pandemic guidelines our residents remain on in-room quarantine.
- Residents are being monitored for symptoms every 4 hours during awake time
- All staff are wearing N95-masks, gowns and eye protection while on duty and gloves in resident rooms.
- We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment on hand and more available should we need it.
- In accordance with our pandemic guidelines, the administrator has been in contact with the local and state health departments to report the positive test results.
- In accordance with federal and state guidelines we are allowing no visitors at this time with the exception of compassionate care.
- We are continuing to disinfect surfaces throughout the community routinely.
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me should you have questions or concerns. As always, your ongoing support during these challenging times is very much appreciated.
Beth Towns, Administrator