Dear Friends and Family Members,
It is my pleasure to announce that we have lifted the in-room quarantine for our residents! We are celebrating by having a few games of Bingo, socially distanced of course but in the dining room, with soda pop and sweet treats for all! Take a look on Facebook for additional details and pictures.
Currently the COVID-19 positivity rate for Chautauqua County per nursing home metrics has us in the yellow category which allows us to resume indoor visitation per regulatory guidance. Please note that this plan may be changed any time based on further guidance from local, state or federal regulation. There are clear issues that might halt, limit or amend our visitation including outbreak or positivity rate of greater than 10% in Chautauqua County.
- Unless otherwise mandated, indoor compassionate care visitation, as defined by CMS, will continue regardless of the outbreak status.
- Each visitor will need to call Pleasant Valley and speak with, Lori Daulton to schedule their visits. Visiting hours will fluctuate based on staff availability for supervision. Visitors may not arrive more than 5 minutes early for their scheduled time. Visitors arriving more than 5 minutes early will not be permitted to enter until it is time for them to be screened for their visit.
- Each elder may have up to 5 designated visitors, however, no more than 2 visitors at a time for either indoor or outdoor visits. Visits are for 30 minutes and will be supervised by facility staff to ensure social distance of 6ft and proper use of face coverings.
- Each visitor will need to complete our wellness screening. Visitor must pass wellness screen to continue with visit.
- Visitors must participate in hand hygiene prior to participating in visitation. Each visitor and resident will be required to wear a level one mask during visitation and additional PPE as indicated. Visit will not occur if PPE is not worn.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our Administrator, Kathryn Hatten.
We look forward to seeing you!
Kathryn Hatten LNHA, MSW
613 East Elm, POB 40
Sedan, KS 67361
Phone: (620) 725-3154 | Cell: (620) 757-8302 | Fax: (620) 725-5536
Update: Friday, December 11, 2020
Good morning Pleasant Valley Family:
I wanted to give you an update of where we stand today at Pleasant Valley.
Thank you for taking our calls yesterday, regarding the positive test results we received.
There have been two residents that have tested positive for COVID-19. These two residents are being cared for on our special care area that is separated from the other residents.
- We are following transmission-based, droplet precautions, while caring for the residents
- These residents are being checked for changes in condition every two hours while awake
- Staff are wearing N95 masks, eye covering and gloves while in resident rooms
We also had one staff member who has tested positive for the virus that does not have any symptoms. The health department has approved that this staff member is able to provide care in the special care unit to the positive residents. They will be restricted from working with staff members assigned to the well area of the building or any other residents until they are fully released by the health department to do so.
We will continue to test our staff weekly as the positivity rate for COVID-19. We plan to test on Monday, December 14th for all employees and residents. We will inform our residents, families and staff of any positive results.
In accordance with our pandemic guidelines, we continue:
- Monitoring residents for symptoms every 4 hours during wake time
- All staff are wearing masks and eye covering while on duty and gloves in resident rooms.
- We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment on hand and more available should we need it.
- Our most recent health check show no residents with signs or symptoms
- We continue to be in communication with the local and state health departments.
- In accordance with federal and state guidelines we will arrange for compassionate care visits. We are allowing no nonessential visitation at this time, we will update you when that status changes.
- We are continuing to disinfect surfaces throughout the community
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please direct all of your questions to me. Thank you for your support during these challenging times.
Kathryn Hatten, Administrator
Our Family/Resident Visitation Plan
Community: Pleasant Valley
Start Date: July 20
As shared in a letter on June 26h, we have been given permission by the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) scheduling visits between our residents and families/friends. Visits will start on (date)
Here is our plan:
- We have set up (2 indoor visit stations) These locations will have social distancing measures in place for residents and visitors to follow that maintain 6 foot distancing and will be staffed by an employee. The visitor station will be equipped with hand sanitizer which all parties will use prior to and after each visit.
- Our employees will have each visitor sign in and provide needed information on the visitation sign in sheet and to complete a wellness screening. This screening tool will require a temperature check and questionnaire to be completed. Anyone not meeting the requirements of the screening will be required to reschedule the visit.
- Please bring your own mask(s). If one is not available a mask will be provided. Masks MUST be worn at all times during the visit.
We will require an appointment for each visit. Please contact Lori by phone (620-725-3153) during business hours Monday through Friday to schedule your visit. No visits will be allowed that are not prescheduled with the community staff.
- To allow everyone the opportunity to schedule an initial visit with their loved one we are not allowing “standing visits” to be scheduled at this time. We also must schedule visits around meal times and when there is staff available for the visit station.
- Within the next two weeks we hope to have a more automated system in place for self-scheduling and we will email you that link when it is available.
- We will allow 2 visitors (over age of 18 years old) at a time per resident in a 30-minute increment. Each visitor must be able to demonstrate proper infection control practices. If infection control practices are not followed then the visit will need to end. Additionally, the resident will be placed on a 14 day in room quarantine for the safety of other residents.
- We will disinfect the visitation station between each resident’s scheduled visit.
Window visits of course are still encouraged with a closed window to prevent transmission and can be done without an appointment.