February 17, 2021
Good Afternoon Capetown Family
We completed our whole house testing yesterday and learned that all residents and employees tested negative for COVID-19.
I wanted to share the good news. We will lift our in-room quarantine today which represents 14 days from possible exposure.
Thank you for your support during these challenging times
Update: Saturday, February 6, 2021
Good morning Capetown Family:
Today we learned that a resident in our assisted living has tested positive for COVID-19.
- The resident was tested on 2/3/2021 based upon routine whole house testing.
- The resident is being cared for in house, in our onsite cohort unit.
- Today all residents remain on in-room quarantine as we continue to implement contact isolation protocols.
- All residents will be checked every 4 hours for symptoms during wake hours.
- All staff is wearing N95 masks while in the building and gloves while in resident rooms. Our community has an adequate supply of PPE and can access additional supplies through our company’s stockpiles.
- In accordance with our pandemic guidelines, we contacted the local and state health departments to report the positive test result.
- We have decided to test all of our residents and employees for COVID-19 beginning 2/10/2021.
- You will be notified privately of your loved one’s results
- We will update all families on our overall results.
- We are continuing to disinfect surfaces throughout the community as we strive to keep our residents active and connected.
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please direct all of your questions to me. Thank you for your support during these challenging times.
Our Outdoor Visitation Plan
Community: Capetown Assisted Living and The Arbors of Capetown
Start Date: 6/25/2020
As shared in a letter on June 19th, we have been given permission by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service to begin scheduling outdoor visits between our residents and families/friends. Visits will start on Thursday 6/25/20.
Here is our plan:
- We have set up one outdoor visiting stations on the front porch area of the Assisted Living and patio of the Arbors. These shaded locations will have social distancing measures in place for residents and visitors to follow that maintain 6 foot distancing and will be staffed by an employee. The visitor station will be equipped with hand sanitizer which all parities will use prior to and after each visit.
- Our employee will have each visitor to sign in and provide needed information on the visitation sign in sheet and to complete a wellness screening. This screening tool will require a temperature check and questionnaire to be completed. Anyone not meeting the requirements of the screening will be required to reschedule the visit.
- Please bring your own mask(s). If one is not available a mask will be provided. Masks MUST be worn at all times during the visit.
- We will require an appointment for each visit. Please contact by phone or email Sarah at email@example.com or call 573-334-4855 to schedule your visit at the Assisted Living or for The Arbors call 573-290-3100 option #2 . No visits will be allowed that are not prescheduled with the community staff.
- To allow everyone the opportunity to schedule an initial visit with their loved one we are not allowing “standing visits” to be scheduled at this time. We also must schedule visits around meal times and when there is staff available for the visit station.
- Within the next two weeks we hope to have a more automated system in place for self-scheduling and we will email you that link when it is available.
- We will allow 2 visitors (including babies and children) at a time per resident in a 30-minute increment. Each visitor must be able to demonstrate proper infection control practices. If infection control practices are not followed then the visit will need to end. Additionally, the resident will be placed on a 14 day in room quarantine for the safety of other residents.
- While children are always welcome – they too must be able to wear PPE and practice proper infection control and social distancing.
- We will disinfect the visitation station between each resident’s scheduled visit.
Please note inside visits have not been approved by DHSS. We ask that you continue to abide by our no-visitors policy inside the building. Window visits of course are still encouraged with a closed window to prevent transmission and can be done without an appointment.
For the health and safety of our residents please use good judgement with regard to outdoor temperatures before having your loved one join you for an outdoor visit. If a heat index warning has been issued we will ask that you do a window visit instead.
Capetown Assisted Living