Update: Friday, October 16, 2020
Good afternoon Jefferson Gardens and Glendale Gardens Family,
I am relieved to report that all results for our most recent round of whole-house COVID-19 testing are negative for the virus. Therefore, we have lifted our in-room quarantine and enhanced social distancing measures at both Jefferson Gardens and The Arbors at Glendale Gardens respectively. Our residents are happy to reunite with their friends.
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these challenging times.
Update: Friday, July 3, 2020
To our Americare Families:
Our communities recently shared their plans to open visitation for residents and their loved ones. Some communities have already started and others are set to start.
As you know, the states in which we operate are experiencing a surge in COVID-19 cases. This is prompting states and counties to issue additional guidelines on when senior living communities can start guest visits (outside or inside).
We ask that you contact your community directly prior to your scheduled visit to determine if visits have been temporarily placed on hold. We still welcome window visits (providing windows remain closed).
We too want to reunite our residents and their families. Doing so in a responsible manner will help keep our residents and employees safe. We appreciate your continued support during these challenging times.
Americare Senior Living
Our Outdoor Visitation Plan
Community: The Arbors at Glendale Gardens
Start Date: June 22nd, 2020
As shared in a letter on June 19th, we have been given permission by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service to begin scheduling outdoor visits between our residents and families/friends. Visits will start on June 22nd, 2020.
Here is our plan:
- We have set up one outdoor visit station at the side of the community. These shaded locations will have social distancing measures in place for residents and visitors to follow that maintain 6 foot distancing and will be staffed by an employee. The visitor station will be equipped with hand sanitizer which all parities will use prior to and after each visit.
- Our employee will have each visitor to sign in and provide needed information on the visitation sign in sheet and to complete a wellness screening. This screening tool will require a temperature check and questionnaire to be completed. Anyone not meeting the requirements of the screening will be required to reschedule the visit.
- Please bring your own mask(s). If one is not available a mask will be provided. Masks MUST be worn at all times during the visit.
- We will require an appointment for each visit. Please contact us by phone (660) 885-2272 to schedule your visit. No visits will be allowed that are not prescheduled with the community staff.
- To allow everyone the opportunity to schedule an initial visit with their loved one we are not allowing “standing visits” to be scheduled at this time. We also must schedule visits around meal times and when there is staff available for the visit station.
- Within the next two weeks we hope to have a more automated system in place for self-scheduling and we will email you that link when it is available.
- We will allow 2 visitors (including babies and children) at a time per resident in a 30-minute increment. Each visitor must be able to demonstrate proper infection control practices. If infection control practices are not followed then the visit will need to end. Additionally, the resident will be placed on a 14 day in room quarantine for the safety of other residents.
- While children are always welcome – they too must be able to wear PPE and practice proper infection control and social distancing.
- We will disinfect the visitation station between each resident’s scheduled visit.
Please note inside visits have not been approved by DHSS. We ask that you continue to abide by our no-visitors policy inside the building. Window visits of course are still encouraged with a closed window to prevent transmission and can be done without an appointment.
For the health and safety of our residents please use good judgement with regard to outdoor temperatures before having your loved one join you for an outdoor visit. If a heat index warning has been issued we will ask that you do a window visit instead.
The Arbors at Glendale Gardens