December 18, 2020
Good Morning La Bonne Maison Family:
- Today we received notification that an employee who works in the assisted living tested positive for COVID-19. The employee’s last day worked was 12/16.
- The employee remains off work and we are hopeful for their full recovery.
- The employee had no resident contact so we will not place our residents on in-room quarantine.
- All staff are wearing N95-masks while on duty and gloves in resident rooms.
- We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment on hand and more available should we need it.
- Our most recent health check show no residents with signs or symptoms
- Today in accordance with our pandemic guidelines, we contacted the local and state health departments to report the positive test results.
- We completed testing of all residents and employees.
- You will be notified privately of your loved one’s results
- We will update our families on the overall results of our community.
- In Missouri we allow outdoor visits and indoor compassionate care visits regardless of COVID-19 status.
- We are continuing to disinfect surfaces throughout the community
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please direct all of your questions to me. Thank you for your support during these challenging times.
October 14, 2020
Dear residents and families,
It’s my pleasure to introduce Kristen Bien as the new Director of Nursing at La Bonne Maison Assisted Living. Kristen started on Monday, October 12, 2020.
Kristen comes highly recommended to us with 13 years of nursing experience; working in skilled nursing facilities as a charge nurse and MDS coordinator. She also has seven years of hospice experience, caring for terminally ill patients in their homes, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. Kristin states, “Geriatric nursing is my passion and I look forward to continuing my career here at La Bonne Maison”.
Kristen is from Advance, MO, and is the proud mother of a ten year old daughter.
Management changes happen. One constant should be the quality of the care we deliver. Maintaining your confidence in the La Bonne Campus is very important to us. If you have any questions or concerns during this transition please contact me. If you haven’t had the opportunity to meet Kristen, please reach out as she will be happy to speak with you or schedule a porch visit.
Danielle Cravens, Administrator
La Bonne Maison Assisted Living by Americare
Our Outdoor Visitation Plan
Community: LaBonne Maison
Start Date: June 24th 2020
As shared in a letter on June 19th, we have been given permission by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Service to begin scheduling outdoor visits between our residents and families/friends. Visits will start on June 24th.
Here is our plan:
- We have set up One outdoor visit station. This shaded location will have social distancing measures in place for residents and visitors to follow that maintain 6 foot distancing and will be staffed by an employee. The visitor station will be equipped with hand sanitizer which all parities will use prior to and after each visit.
- Our employee will have each visitor to sign in and provide needed information on the visitation sign in sheet and to complete a wellness screening. This screening tool will require a temperature check and questionnaire to be completed. Anyone not meeting the requirements of the screening will be required to reschedule the visit.
- Please bring your own mask(s). If one is not available a mask will be provided. Masks MUST be worn at all times during the visit.
- We will require an appointment for each visit. Please contact by phone or email Kenzie Slaughter/LifeStyle Coordinatoremail@example.com/573-472-2546 to schedule your visit. No visits will be allowed that are not prescheduled with the community staff.
- To allow everyone the opportunity to schedule an initial visit with their loved one we are not allowing “standing visits” to be scheduled at this time. We also must schedule visits around meal times and when there is staff available for the visit station.
- Within the next two weeks we hope to have a more automated system in place for self-scheduling and we will email you that link when it is available.
- We will allow 2 visitors (including babies and children) at a time per resident in a 30-minute increment. Each visitor must be able to demonstrate proper infection control practices. If infection control practices are not followed then the visit will need to end. Additionally, the resident will be placed on a 14 day in room quarantine for the safety of other residents.
- While children are always welcome – they too must be able to wear PPE and practice proper infection control and social distancing.
- We will disinfect the visitation station between each resident’s scheduled visit.
Please note inside visits have not been approved by DHSS. We ask that you continue to abide by our no-visitors policy inside the building. Window visits of course are still encouraged with a closed window to prevent transmission and can be done without an appointment.
For the health and safety of our residents please use good judgement with regard to outdoor temperatures before having your loved one join you for an outdoor visit. If a heat index warning has been issued we will ask that you do a window visit instead.