UPDATE: Friday, August 14th
Good morning Harmony Hill Family,
I am pleased to share that our latest round of testing showed no new cases of COVID-19. Therefore, our in-room quarantine has been lifted as of today.
I am also relieved to report that our employee who had tested positive is recovered and returned to work this week.
On behalf of our team at Harmony Hill, thank you for your continued support and prayers during these challenging times. We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Tennessee Visitation Plan
Community: Harmony Hill Assisted Living
Date visitation allowed: July 6th, 2020
Current County Risk Profile: Green
The Governor of Tennessee signed an order to re-open long-term care communities to visitors during the COVID-19 Pandemic beginning June 15, 2020. The plan below is designed to be implemented as appropriate for risk profile of each community by July 6th, 2020.
Assisted living communities will be allowed to have limited visitation within state guidelines and with compliance of applicable assisted living regulations.
Americare strives to allow families and residents to have visitation rights in a manner that mitigates the risks of transmission of COVID-19. The elderly remains at high risk for negative health outcomes with COVID-19 and the virus is highly contagious once entering a communal living environment.
Allowing visitation will increase the risk of a community having a COVID-19 outbreak. However, the visitation plan will provide balance to the increased risk of COVID-19 transmission with residents’ emotional, social, and psychosocial needs to have personal connections with their loved ones.
The following re-opening plans for limited visitation may be amended at any time based on new guidance from the state of Tennessee, local health department, risk profile of the county related to COVID-19 cases, and outcomes resulting from implementation of the new visitation plan.
Please keep in mind, this is not only a family member loved one’s home, but other residents’ home too. Violating these directives will not only place the resident in danger, but will expose other residents to unnecessary risk. Violation will result in 14-day quarantine of the exposed residents. Family members violating these directives may be subject to additional visitation restrictions, up to and including being excluded from participation in outdoor and indoor visitations.
The plan will address the types of visitation allowed and the conditions that must be in place. The community will cancel visitation based on inclement weather conditions, including heat advisory warning, during in-room quarantine, or COVID-19 related exposure at the community.
Closed window visits are allowed and may occur at any time and does not require pre-scheduling.
Our community allows the following types of visitation:
End of Life: Americare’s end of life visitation remains unchanged. A resident that is actively at end of life, the resident will be allowed to have scheduled visits with two adult family members in the resident’s room at a time.
- Family members will be required to complete and pass a self-wellness check.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for family members
- Family members will be required to put on a level 1 face mask and gloves.
- If the home has positive covid case, the family member will be required to wear N95 with level 1 surgical mask overlay, face shield or googles, gown, and gloves.
- Staff will provide proper donning and doffing procedures with PPE usage.
- Family members will conduct a 20 second handwash upon exiting the community
Outdoor visitation with proper distancing: communities in low and medium risk counties defined by Americare’s guide of green and yellow counties, will allow two adult families members per visit to have scheduled outdoor visitation on pre-designated days with a minimum of 6 feet of social distancing at all times with proper PPE usage for both resident and visitors.
To allow each resident to participate in visitation and appropriate staff oversight, a recommended maximum of 30 minutes per visit per week. PPE required is a level 1 face mask.
A designated area(s) will be set up. Chairs and table will be provided to allow proper distancing.
Visitor will schedule visit on a designated self-scheduling application
- The community must have conducted state testing on all residents and employees with documented consent or decline forms
- The community must have no new cases of COVID-19 in the past 28 days
- The community must have adequate PPE
- The community must have daily vital signs with two respiratory checks on all residents
- The visitor must complete the outdoor visitor self-wellness check form prior to visiting a family member.
- The visitor must sign in on the outdoor visitor log which is to include date, time, name, contact information, and resident visiting.
- The visit will be scheduled and have a staff member present to validate proper social distancing
- The chairs, table, binder, and vital sign equipment will be pre and post visit sanitized with an EPA approved disinfectant with emerging virus claims.
- The community will provide a shaded space for designated outdoor visits
- The community will provide an outdoor binder with self-wellness check, vital sign equipment, visitor log, and hand sanitizer
- The visitor may not enter the building for any reason
You can expect a link for visitor self-scheduling by the end of next week.
Harmony Hill Assisted Living