Update: Friday, November 6, 2020
Good morning South Breeze and Arbors Family,
As we discussed during our phone calls with each family yesterday, we learned that 2 of our residents and 2 of our employees tested positive for COVID-19 as a result of routine staff testing. As we previously shared we began testing all staff for COVID-19 every two weeks.
- We have chosen a cohorted care-in-place strategy at South Breeze. Americare has experience establishing separated care units and we’re confident that we can do so here.
- We completed initial resident relocation to move our two residents who are COVID-19 positive to A Hall in our assisted living building.
- Employees who tested positive but are asymptomatic may ONLY care for positive residents with proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Employees who tested negative for the virus may care for any resident with the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- A reverse barrier is installed on the remaining healthy hallways indicating only negative-testing employees may enter and new PPE required
- All residents remain on in-room quarantine. We are practicing enhanced social distancing in our Arbors as in-room quarantine is not advisable in the memory care setting.
- We will conduct another round of whole-house PCR COVID-19 testing on Monday, November 9th. We’ll have results within 72 hours and you will be notified privately of your loved one’s results. We will update all families on our overall results through an email update.
- Our Regional Operations Director, Vicky Norton is coordinating additional supply delivery and overseeing our efforts.
- We have an adequate supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) on hand with access to more should we need it.
- In accordance with our pandemic guidelines, we contacted the local and state health departments to report the positive test result.
- In accordance with federal and state guidelines we are allowing only outdoor visits at this time providing the resident is COVID-free.
We believe open and transparent communication, balanced with protecting individual privacy is essential at this time. Please direct all of your questions to me. If I can’t answer your question I will find someone who can. Thank you for your support during these challenging times.